Enneagram 2w1 is an interesting blend of type 1 and type 2 traits. Some of these traits reinforce each other, but some others are in conflict with each other.
Because of type 1’s ideals and type 2’s love of humanity, people with a 2w1 personality type have strong altruistic tendencies.
Thanks to the unique blend of characteristics 2w1s can be
- emotional but rational
- friendly at times and withdrawn at others
- a little bit of a drama queen (or king) and an example of self-restraint, depending on the situation
- disciplined and moody
- very warm and personal, but also objective and analytical
2w1s strive to serve others. Because type 2 is the core type, their core desire is to be loved and avoid loneliness.
Type 1, however, adds more flavor to this personality type, making them principled and responsible people.
As a result of this unusual blend, 2w1s are often confused because their values and feelings can contradict each other.
More facts about 2w1s
1. 2w1s make great teachers.
2. 2w1s want to be needed.
3. 2w1 leaders are more likely to use positive encouragement rather than merely giving orders.
4. They are generous and supportive people.
5. Because the core personality type is type 2, people with Enneagram 2 Wing 1 personality type can be somewhat controlling. This tendency is more evident in average to unhealthy subtypes.
Take THIS TEST to find out »
6. 2w1s can be loving and judgmental at the same time.
7. When resolving conflicts, they prefer to use diplomacy. However, when it comes to compromises, they can be very inflexible.
8. 2w1s are incredibly productive people. On a typical day, they wake up early and get a lot of things done. They despise laziness and value industriousness.
9. 2w1s put others first.
10. Type 2s tend to lose touch with themselves while trying to please others, but those with a One-Wing are more in tune with themselves. Hence, they may not experience the sadness that is typical for type Twos.
11. People with 2w1s often work for a cause.
12. You can’t bribe 2w1s.
13. 2w1s tend to give a lot of unsolicited advice.
Are you a 2w1 or a 1w2? Here are some key differences:
1. While they are both very demanding, 1w2s have more expectations, and they cover a more extensive range of behaviors. For example, 1w2s will tell others how they should behave in different situations, dress, work, or communicate with others. 2w1s, on the other hand, can be somewhat controlling but are more focused on interpersonal relationships.
2. 2w1s seek close connection with others while 1w2s are more independent.
3. 2w1s are more extroverted than 1w2s.
4. 2w1s use a more positive language than 1w2s who can be vocal about things they don’t like and seldom give compliments.
5. 1w2s self-esteem depends on how well they can do their job while 2w1s’ self-esteem depends on what others think about them.
6. 1w2s are more critical of others than 2w1s.
7. 1w2s want to be orderly and responsible while 2w1s what to be caring and considerate.
If you aren’t sure about your Enneagram personality, try this test.