Enneagram type 3 and type 2 have lots of common traits that reinforce each other. At their core, both are people-oriented.
Both want other people’s acceptance and appreciation. The only difference is that type 3 is a more success- and money-oriented type, while type 2 is looking for love.
3w2s are more extroverted than their 3w4 counterparts, and they are more acquisitive than 2w3s.
They are extremely sociable and have excellent communication skills. Always well put together, they take pride in what they wear and how they carry themselves.
Charming and stimulating, 3w2s are never alone. Not only are they entertaining, but they are also inspiring.
They inspire others to keep moving, keep trying, keep doing things. They make others believe that success is possible and that they, too, can have it all.
They have an excellent sense of humor and can cheer you up when you are down. 3w2s appear almost too happy, and most people can’t get enough of them.
Because 3w2s are essentially Threes, they have issues that are typical for type 3: their desire to be liked, their fear of rejection, their tendency to play a role instead of being themselves. This was discussed in detail here.
Their Two-Wing makes them a little more sensitive and considerate.
The core type (type 3) always compete, but people with a Two-Wing show more compassion for others.
Not only do they want to succeed, but they want to preserve good relationships too.
Their personal relationships are another area where 3w2s want to be successful.
Just like in other areas, they have goals for their relationships too. Their partner has to be someone very desirable, someone who is considered to be a catch.
Even their romantic pursuits have to impress others.
Unhealthy 3w2s may appear somewhat narcissistic.
Thay may flaunt their bodies, flex their muscles, and brag about other people being interested in them.
Cerebral types may brag about their academic achievements and career.
Children and spouses are typically used as narcissistic extensions of themselves and have to impress too.
Random Facts About 3W2s
1. 3w2s are very energetic and inspiring people.
2. They carefully craft their image to please and impress others.
3. They are competitive and considerate at the same time.
4. To 3w2s, relationship success is as critical as career success.
5. Because they continuously adjust their behavior to meet other people’s needs or to reflect their values, 3w2s may sometimes be confused about who they are.
6. 3w2s are less in touch with their feelings than their 3w4 counterparts.
7. 3w2s are less likely to have issues with workaholism because their relationships are just as important as their work. This, however, may vary depending on the strength of their Two-wing.
8. The core type 3 is very self-absorbed. Threes talk a lot about themselves and their achievements, but those with a Two-wing take time to listen to others as well.
9. Female 3w2s may think they are Twos, especially if they are homemakers. But homemakers can be competitive too. For example, they may demand their children to graduate at the top of their class. They may want to have fancy homes. They may choose to marry only successful people. If they constantly compete with others, they are Threes.
You may want to take this Enneagram test to confirm your personality type.
Photo by ijeab via Freepik
Online CBT Platform to Help Deal with Relationship Problems, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction, and More. Includes professional follow-up by a CBT therapist. Click here to get started.