People with type 7 personality type choose not to rely on others for the satisfaction of their needs and focus on things and experiences instead. Sevens with an Eight-Wing are assertive and ambitious realists. However, Sevens with a Six-Wing (7w6) are more people-oriented and attuned to the needs of those around them. Take the Enneagram personality test now.
A unique blend of type 7 and type 6 characteristics produces incredibly interesting individuals. Because 7w6 are still into travel and extraordinary experiences, they have a lot to tell. Their openness and willingness to connect with others makes them very pleasant to be around, perhaps even addictive!
More 7w6 characteristics:
1. 7w6 have superb people skills. They can adjust to different people and could make a conversation with just about anyone!
2. They know how to relate to others so that they feel heard and understood.
3. They sincerely care for others, yet they are self-sufficient and independent, which makes them even more attractive.
4. If the core type 7 tends to neglect personal relationships, to 7w6 relationships are an additional source of happiness and stimulation. As a result, people who have a 7w6 personality type make better friends and romantic partners.
5. Healthy Sevens are very productive because they want to make sure they have enough resources to afford all the pleasant experiences life has to offer. But Sevens with a Six-Wing are even more motivated to work and be productive because of their concern for safety.
6. 7w6 are more responsible as parents. They teach their children to enjoy life without neglecting some of the essential matters, such as their health, education, career, and overall stability.
7. Because the 7w6 doesn’t like to stay idle and would rather do something than nothing, he or she may appear hyperactive.
8. 7w6 are more organized than the core type 7. They typically maintain orderly homes, and it’s pointless to ask them to relax when something remains undone.
9. Sevens aren’t particularly concerned with what society considers appropriate and prioritize their enjoyment and comfort. People with Enneagram 7 Wing 6 type, however, are a little more considerate and take time to analyze how they come across. 7w6 make sure that their clothes, their homes and whatever they do are up to whatever is considered to be the appropriate standard.
10. Both at work and in personal life, people with 7w6 type prefer to ignore problems rather than confront them. They dislike conflict, and would rather pretend that everything is fine, sweeping their issues under the rug. As a typical Seven, they will distract themselves with other things. And under the influence of their Six-Wing, they will choose to keep relationships instead of arguing when other people are involved.
11. When it comes to their professional pursuits, 7w6 people have a higher follow-through rate. Individuals with stronger Six-Wings are more likely to finish what they start and are more reliable than those with a weaker Six-Wing.
12. 7w6 like to schedule everything, including their leisure activities. Planning in advance helps keep boredom and anxiety at bay; it also works better when their plans involve other people.
13. Overall, when compared with 7w8 type, 7w6 is a less aggressive and more relationship-focused version of type 7.
If you aren’t sure whether you are a 7w6 or a 6w7, it can be useful to consider what motivates you the most:
Is it your desire to enjoy life and experience new things, avoid boredom and negativity as much as possible? If the answer is yes, then you are likely to be a 7w6.
But if you prioritize your desire for security and all of these things come second, then you are probably a 6w7.
Online CBT Platform to Help Deal with Relationship Problems, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction, and More. Includes professional follow-up by a CBT therapist. Click here to get started.