The test below contains only Enneagram Type 8 questions, i.e., every statement describes an 8 trait. You can use this test to confirm your type (type 8) or simply learn about this personality type more in-depth.
A result over 70/100 means that you are an Eight or have a strongly developed Eight wing (7w8 or 9w8). If you don’t know your Enneagram type, you need to take all our in-depth tests and compare your results for each test or use a quick version available here.
Check all that apply.
1. I am full of energy.
2. I overcome obstacles.
3. For the most part, I am not particularly concerned with people’s reactions to me.
4. Becoming and staying self-sufficient are some of my top priorities.
5. I tend to overeat.
6. I am able to stand up for what I need and want.
7. I like to challenge myself.
8. I take risks.
9. I must admit I tend to order others around.
10. I stay alert because I feel like there are a lot of people who are out to get me.
11. I have strong opinions, and I express them openly.
12. If I am not happy at work, I just quit.
13. I often test limits and consequences.
14. I can be very intense.
15. I am a doer.
16. I enjoy the outdoors.
17. Sometimes I overpromise to get others on board with my goals.
18. I am a provider.
19. I don’t ask for help because I don’t want to feel indebted.
20. I judge others in black-and-white terms.
21. With me, what you see is what you get; I have no secrets.
22. I hide my weaknesses because someone might take advantage of them.
23. I take charge before somebody else does.
24. I am pretty possessive about what I own.
25. I am quite loud.
26. I trust my abilities.
27. I am not a very good team player.
28. Many a time, I don’t think much before doing something.
29. I am a big-picture thinker.
30. I express my anger openly.
31. I don’t do long-range planning. I can’t focus on things that are too far in the future.
32. I am a generous person.
33. Usually, I don’t ask for permission before doing something.
34. I have no problem with saying “No”.
35. I need a lot of stimulation. I constantly look for interesting things to do, new people to meet, challenges to overcome, etc.
36. I make decisions very fast.
37. I don’t try to please others. If they don’t like me, it’s OK.
38. I do brag sometimes. I exaggerate my accomplishments or boast about my big plans.
39. I often make decisions that involve other people in my life without consulting them.
40. I observe others and pay attention to those with more power and control.
41. I am independent.
42. If I don’t like something in a store, hotel, or restaurant, I demand to see the manager.
43. I want others to follow my rules.
44. I am very ready to show aggression.
45. I like a can-do attitude and encourage it in others.
46. I don’t allow myself to become too sensitive.
47. I protect the weak and vulnerable.
48. I work hard and play hard.
49. I can’t stand it when people don’t tell me everything openly. I will bug them until they speak straight.
50. I get what I want.
51. I drive too fast, overeat, party too much, or otherwise have issues with boundaries.
52. I am not good at compromising.
53. I am impatient.
54. I don’t understand those who whine about their problems but don’t do anything about it.
55. I want to do things my way.
56. I see most people as my opponents.
57. Anger feels like an energy surge.
58. I am not nearly as bold as I appear to be.
59. As a child, I couldn’t wait to grow up and be on my own.
60. I trust my intuition.
61. I am a loyal person.
62. I am focused on the here and now.
63. I often decide for others.
64. I ignore physical pain.
65. I am pretty assertive.
66. I often say things I regret.
67. I don’t hesitate to get physical if I think it can help.
68. I am not afraid of confrontation.
69. Well, I probably am a little bit of a bully.
70. I prefer to attack first myself instead of waiting for someone to attack me.
71. I am not afraid of hard work.
72. Despite my confident exterior, I feel insecure and vulnerable inside.
73. I am impulsive.
74. I don’t beat around the bush; I say what I want to say.
75. I am very result-oriented.
76. I always need to have something to do to bleed off some extra energy.
77. I am good at sports.
78. I trust my own decisions.
79. I often overdo things, such as staying out late, overeating, physical experiences, etc.
80. I often enjoy fighting and arguing.
81. I hide the feeling of insecurity, doubt, powerlessness from others and sometimes even from myself.
82. I don’t complain; I fix my problems instead.
83. I can be reckless at times.
84. When I want something, I just do it and deal with the consequences later.
85. I find it difficult to apologize.
86. Sometimes I fight about things that aren’t even important to me.
87. I am a realist.
88. Other people seem so stubborn when they don’t want to do things my way.
89. I don’t allow myself to become lazy.
90. I am a natural leader.
91. Once a confrontation begins, I never back down.
92. I take revenge.
93. My anger rises quickly and suddenly but disappears fast once I express it.
94. I am stronger than most people I know.
95. I am responsible with money.
96. I am rebellious.
97. I want to dominate and control others.
98. I wake up angry.
99. I enjoy building.
100. I don’t trust easily. Generally, my trust has to be earned.