Generally speaking, Nines tend to prioritize peace and comfort. This type 9’s tendency results in a very laid-back personality that goes with the flow.
The test below consists of 100 statements that describe Enneagram type 9. You can use it as a type 9 description or a test to measure the degree of your Ninesss.
If you score anywhere around 70/100, you are probably a Nine or have a very strong Nine-wing. You can also use it as a way to find your Enneagram personality by taking it along with the other eight tests linked here and comparing the results.
1. I am not weak or scared but prefer keeping things peaceful.
2. I want to come across as likable.
3. Sometimes I just can’t make a decision.
4. I get energized by other people’s enthusiasm for work.
5. I am very much into natural healing.
6. I am satisfied with what I have.
7. I never self-promote.
8. I prefer comfortable clothing; fashion isn’t very important to me.
9. I can communicate with very different people.
10. There are very few conflicts in my life.
11. I fear losing a sense of inner balance.
12. I look for win-win options.
13. Typically, I hide my negative feelings.
14. I want to maintain my comfort. Period.
15. I don’t want to make waves.
16. I am very cautious about taking risks.
17. I postpone expressing my opinion until I get things figured out.
18. I enjoy simple pleasures in life.
19. Sometimes I get in autopilot mode and accomplish an enormous amount of work.
20. I love my routine and find it very comforting and relaxing.
21. I would rather go with what has worked in the past.
22. I often don’t know what I want, but I usually know what I don’t want.
23. I don’t do office politics and intrigues.
24. My wishes are often put aside to accommodate others’ wishes.
25. I am very flexible and adaptable and can work different types of jobs.
26. I must admit, I avoid dealing with my problems.
27. I am definitely one of the least controlling people you will ever meet.
28. The idea that somebody has to lose for me to win makes me uncomfortable.
29. I am good at art or crafts.
30. I don’t talk much about myself.
31. Sometimes I don’t assert myself for the sake of keeping the peace.
32. I resist when others try to disturb my peace.
33. I am able to forget old disagreements and move on with my relationships.
34. I can be very inattentive at times.
35. I am attracted to assertive and energetic people.
36. I prefer to work in an environment with well-defined tasks and procedures.
37. I am a nature lover.
38. At work, I appreciate structure and clearly defined tasks, but at the same time, I don’t want to be told what to do.
39. At work or at home, I just want to keep things as they are.
40. Being trusting is my default mode of operation.
41. I am not a very demanding person.
42. If the conversation becomes unpleasant, I simply try to change the subject.
43. I don’t usually enjoy the company of people who are too intense or aggressive.
44. I often choose to compromise.
45. I learned to be satisfied with what I have.
46. I am a natural team player.
47. When stressed, I tend to put my energy into unimportant tasks instead of dealing with the real problem.
48. Usually, I can see different sides of an issue, and they all seem important.
What makes you the way you are? Take THIS TEST to discover your personality type.
49. I am very laid-back in general.
50. I tend to get stuck in inertia.
51. I am good at sports or anything physical.
52. I live in the here-and-now.
53. I get angry only occasionally or never.
54. When there is too much pressure and stress, I might freeze and stay idle instead of doing something.
55. I mediate conflicts.
56. I get along with most people.
57. I am not concerned about status or prestige.
58. I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself.
59. I want to be myself; I don’t like pretentious people.
60. I want to be respectable.
61. I want to be humble and appreciate humbleness in others.
62. I have a very stable mood, without ups and downs.
63. Other people take credit for my work, and I don’t do anything about it.
64. Maybe it’s true that I am in denial regarding some disturbing aspects of my life, but I keep focusing on the positive.
65. Generally, I feel at ease.
66. Most of the time, I avoid conflict and go along with what others want as much as I can.
67. I rarely express my opinions.
68. I am not into goal setting. I just go with the flow.
69. When my problems become too much, I tend to withdraw into my alternative world, watching movies, playing games, or reading.
70. Often I go along with other people’s wishes and then realize that’s not what I want to do, but I didn’t know that initially.
71. I don’t experience very intense emotions, positive or negative.
72. I don’t like being around negative people.
73. I experienced one or a few outbursts of anger and aggression in my life, and the experience was so frightening that I felt the need to shut down my anger even more firmly.
74. My identity can change depending on what is required of me.
75. When I don’t want to do something, I just kind of delay and “forget” to do it, but I don’t say “no” right from the start.
76. I don’t want to examine my feelings out of fear of what I might find.
77. I am often not taken seriously, and in all honesty, it’s hard on me.
78. Overall, I am a positive person.
79. I indeed get lazy and lethargic at times.
80. I can be too trusting sometimes.
81. I distract myself from negative emotions by keeping myself busy with small unessential tasks.
82. I rarely confront someone who made a mistake; I just let it pass.
83. I have an agreeable character.
84. I am often confused.
85. My relationships typically last for a very long time.
86. I don’t worry too much.
87. Generally, I avoid anything that disturbs my peace.
88. I just want a peaceful home.
89. I don’t necessarily express everything I feel and want some things to remain unsaid.
90. I am never selfish, and I don’t like selfishness in others.
91. I don’t dwell on the negative and forgive quickly.
92. I am not competitive at all. In general, I feel like I have nothing to prove to anybody.
93. I love peace and pick my fights.
94. Honestly, I don’t expect too much from life.
95. Sometimes I feel that no matter how much I try, my efforts aren’t valued, so I stop trying.
96. I live a couch potato lifestyle.
97. I want my co-workers to get along.
98. I almost never overreact.
99. Despite our differences, I prefer to cooperate with others.
100. I think that most problems aren’t worth worrying about.
You may also like