If you are wondering whether you are an Enneagram type 3, the below in-depth test is for you. In addition, this 100-question quiz can be used as a reference list of Type 3 traits. If you score over 70, you are likely a Three or have a very developed Three-Wing (4w3 or 2w3). Check all that apply.
1. I am a very action-oriented person.
2. I am a self-starter; lack of motivation was never a problem.
3. Other people find me inspiring.
4. I pack my vacations with activity.
5. It’s very difficult for me to feel negative feelings and not act.
6. I approach my romantic relationship as an active project.
7. I want to feel in control.
8. I am a hard worker.
9. I have high self-esteem.
10. I dress for success.
11. Overall, I am a positive person.
12. Yes, I want high standing in my social circle.
13. I am a natural problem-solver.
14. I have a practical approach to life.
15. The way I feel about myself depends on what other people think of me.
16. I want to be admired.
17. I am a careerist.
18. Accumulating status symbols has always been important to me.
19. I enjoy being at the center of things.
20. It’s extremely important to me that I am credited for my work.
21. I am very concerned about how I come across.
22. I gave up what I truly enjoy doing because it isn’t prestigious, doesn’t bring good money, etc.
23. Even if I am not yet successful, I want to at least look the part.
24. I always think about the future.
25. I don’t like it when meetings drag on too long.
26. Frankly speaking, my mood depends on how much I earn.
27. I need to know that I can handle challenges.
28. I only wear premium or luxury clothing.
29. Sometimes I pretend to be busier than I actually am. I am doing this to make others think of me as someone important and valuable.
30. I want to make sure that others know how many awards, degrees, certificates, etc., I have.
31. I don’t allow friends to vent to me.
32. Even though I want others to know how successful I am, I avoid talking about my achievements out of fear of coming across as vain, OR I constantly talk about my accomplishments and credentials because I want others to know that I am successful.
33. Taking time off work feels uncomfortable.
34. I work even on vacation.
35. I feel stressed and pressured, but I keep going anyway.
36. My appearance is very important to me.
37. I avoid being idle because it makes all my uncomfortable feelings emerge.
38. The best way to get love and approval is to perform — to look good, be productive, have things to offer, and do all the right things to appeal to others.
39. I have to-do lists for my vacations as well; they include places I want to visit and things I want to do. There is a schedule for every day.
40. Competing is my second nature.
41. I am a fast learner.
42. I don’t think much about the past.
43. I guess I am materialistic, at least somewhat.
44. I compare myself to others, especially those who have more than me or are doing better than me.
45. I am into self-improvement.
46. It’s important to me that my family members look presentable.
47. I network to increase my chances of success.
48. I am efficient.
49. I accumulate assets and possessions.
50. I identify with my job.
51. I would describe myself as ambitious.
52. I need to be self-reliant.
53. I am not into talking about feelings because it doesn’t feel productive.
54. I don’t waste time overthinking things; I begin to work right away.
55. I’ve always been fascinated by status and prestige.
56. I can’t just relax, sit, and talk because I think about all the tasks I have to do.
57. If I don’t think I can win, I don’t get involved.
58. I hide my weaknesses.
59. I am concerned about the possibility of losing my lifestyle, and that makes me want to work even more.
60. I read the needs of other people and adjust accordingly.
61. I am an expert at multitasking.
62. I have it all together.
63. I know how to talk to different types of people.
64. Getting things done has a beneficial impact on my well-being.
65. I don’t usually talk about it, but in many cases, I feel superior to others.
66. I want to be associated with other successful people.
67. I need to feel productive.
68. I suppress emotions, such as anger, anxiety, doubt, and sometimes even love, because they impair my ability to function properly.
69. I sometimes get this uncomfortable feeling that there is not enough time to do everything I want to do.
70. I can adjust my behavior to what different people may want to see. In that sense, I am chameleon-like.
71. I set goals for everything.
72. I must admit I name-drop whenever I have a chance.
73. I always focus on getting to the point. I wish others did the same.
74. I always feel the need to impress others.
75. I often choose quantity over quality.
76. I am energetic.
77. I don’t focus on perfection, but the job needs to be done.
78. I want to be wealthy.
79. I have to be first.
80. I am a leader.
81. I am a very result-oriented person.
82. I make sure to project high status.
83. I develop many skills to ensure job security.
84. I have a certain routine to help me do my chores in the shortest amount of time possible.
85. I measure my success by tangible achievements.
86. I get angry when someone or something interrupts me when working.
87. I keep my eyes on the prize.
88. I must admit I have problems with workaholism.
89. Maybe I am a little narcissistic.
90. Knowing that someone has a negative impression of me makes me feel very uneasy.
91. I can be very persistent when I want something.
92. I want to feel valuable.
93. I constantly promote myself.
94. I am terrified of the idea of being unable to work to support myself.
95. I become anxious when I stop working.
96. I eat quickly to avoid wasting time.
97. I provide for my family.
98. Once I complete a project, I look for another one.
99. I just assume I have what it takes to complete my tasks.
100. When I want to do something, I just jump right in and figure out the details as I go.
You may want to check these out too:
Enneagram Type 3 Profile
The Three With a Four-Wing
The Three With a Two-Wing
Are You Ambitious Test
What Are You Good At Test
Work Style Assessment
Job Burnout Quiz
Do You Have What It Takes to Succeed At Work Quiz
Are you a Doer or a Thinker? [TEST]